Change The Way Business Is Played
Subscribe And Get The First 3 Chapters of my Evolved Enterprise Book
Yanik's Journal and Musings
I’ve been having a lot of deep and interesting conversations about what really happened in 2020 & 2021…here’s what I wrote at the beginning. Interesting to reflect on now. What do you think? *Pandemic Pause = Purposeful Pause There’s an idea of a sacred pause where you stop and reconnect to your intention.Collectively we are […]
This past weekend two interesting attention-getters showed up. First, I got the new Will Smith book, WILL, on Audible read by the actor. It’s damn good and highly recommended! I knew I liked him before but never knew how much – plus we share the same birthday of 9/25. So that’s pretty cool! The vulnerability […]
With our kids we have something in our family called “Make Magic.” These are magical synchronicities where something happens that is simply beyond a coincidence. (There’s a longer story about this inside the Cosmic Journal.) Now “chance” connections seem to accelerate some of these magical moments. For Summer Solstice Mavericks participated in a sacred fire […]
Who is Yanik Silver?
Yanik Silver has been called a Cosmic Catalyst, a Maverick Mischief-maker and a Galactic Goofball.
He redefines how business is played in the 21st century at the intersection of more profits, more fun, and more impact.
Yanik is the creator of the Cosmic Journal, author of Evolved Enterprise and the founder of Maverick1000, a global network of top entrepreneurs & visionary entrepreneurs making a serious difference in the world, without taking themselves too seriously. In fact, it’s not unusual to find him dressed as a lemur, a showgirl or even in matching mermaid tails with Sir Richard Branson.
This group periodically assembles for breakthrough retreats, rejuvenating experiences, and impact opportunities (to-date raising over $3M+) with participating icons such as Sir Richard Branson, Sara Blakely, Tony Hawk, Chris Blackwell, John Paul DeJoria, Tony Hsieh, Russell Simmons, Tim Ferriss, and many others.
Yanik served on the Constellation board for Virgin Unite, the entrepreneurial foundation of the Virgin Group and Branson family. And his lifetime goal is to connect visionary leaders and game changers to catalyze business models and new ideas for solving 100 of the world’s most impactful issues by the year 2100.
In between checking off items on his Ultimate Big Life List, he calls Potomac, Maryland, home with his wife, Missy, and two mini-maverick adventurers in the making, Zack and Zoe.
That’s the regular stuff. Now the more interesting material:
- He won the “Oscar Meyer Weiner” ice hockey shootout championship (twice) as a kid. His men’s league team still yells “Oscar Meyer” when he (infrequently) gets a breakaway.
- He dressed as a showgirl in Vegas to surprise Sir Richard Branson on stage before a keynote …in front of 3000+ people.
- He broke 200mph in a race car with nothing more than a green speedo on.
- He was the 4th grade lead for the Tin Woodsman in The Wizard of Oz, and that was the start (and end) of his promising theater career though he can still sing most of his solo on demand.
- His birthday is 9/25, and inside sterling silver, you will often see the number .925.
- He snuck out at the age of 5 to buy markers with his Hanukah money—only to catch the wrong bus home and end up at the police station. Undaunted, his love of doodling still continues to this day!