Change The Way Business Is Played
Subscribe And Get The First 3 Chapters of my Evolved Enterprise Book
Yanik's Journal and Musings
I have a little secret way of tapping into deeper wisdom… You see, I love the serendipity of writing questions, doodling, or jotting little notes to myself a few pages forward in my journal. Then, when I “land” on that page, something magical usually comes together…. In the Evolved Enterprise book, one of the questions […]
(The story of a nearly missed divine appointment) Last Saturday I said bye to the kids as they boarded their bus to camp and I headed out to Miami. The timing worked out well to speak at the “Buy One Give One” conference and to help celebrate Sophia’s birthday that same day. My airplane arrived […]
After finishing this blog post, I wasn’t so sure I was going to share this whole story, so I’m posting it before I change my mind. I live by the intention of “creating impact by catalyzing the catalysts.” And I’m thrilled to see that intention firsthand in Haiti…. For the last six years, I’ve co-hosted […]
Who is Yanik Silver?
Yanik Silver redefines how business is played in the 21st century at the intersection of more profits, more fun, and more impact.
He is the founder of Maverick1000, a private, invitation-only global network of top entrepreneurs and industry leaders. This group periodically assembles for breakthrough retreats, rejuvenating experiences, and impact opportunities (to-date raising over $3M+) with participating icons such as Sir Richard Branson, Tony Hawk, Chris Blackwell, John Paul DeJoria, Tony Hsieh, Russell Simmons, Tim Ferriss, and many others.
Yanik serves on the Constellation board for Virgin Unite, the entrepreneurial foundation of the Virgin Group and Branson family. And his lifetime goal is to connect visionary leaders and game changers to catalyze business models and new ideas for solving 100 of the world’s most impactful issues by the year 2100.
In between checking off items on his Ultimate Big Life List, he calls Potomac, Maryland, home with his wife, Missy, and two mini-maverick adventurers in the making, Zack and Zoe.
That’s the regular stuff. Now the more interesting material:
- He won the “Oscar Meyer Weiner” ice hockey shootout championship (twice) as a kid. His men’s league team still yells “Oscar Meyer” when he (infrequently) gets a breakaway.
- He dressed as a showgirl in Vegas to surprise Sir Richard Branson on stage before a keynote …in front of around 3000 people.
- He broke 200mph in a race car with nothing more than a green speedo on.
- He was the 4th grade lead for the Tin Woodsman in The Wizard of Oz, and that was the start (and end) of his promising theater career though he can still sing most of his solo on demand.
- His birthday is 9/25, and inside sterling silver, you will often see the number .925.
- He snuck out at the age of 5 to buy markers with his Chanukah money—only to catch the wrong bus home and end up at the police station. Undaunted, his love of doodling still continues to this day!